Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Pressure is ON!!!

OMG!! Connie Fox is following me on Pinterest!!  Pardon me while I have a slight heart attack!  I have really got to get my game on now! Some of you may be wondering why I am being so strange, or melodramatic, or whatever. Connie Fox is someone who creates fabulous works of art, writes wonderful articles and projects and if I win the lottery I am going to California to take classes from her.  I talk about her in all of my classes because her web site is really helpful, wonderful and inspirational.  She has written for Step by Step Wire - her jewelry on the cover first drew me to that magazine. She started out as a wire work artist and is now full on into metalsmithing. I love all of her designs.

So if she is following me I better have something for her to look at!! I hate when you go through those funks, and for me it is oh so very frequent - where you want to get up and work and create, but there are just too many other things going on. And then. Instead of getting up and getting stuff done - like working on getting my kids financial aid for college in order, planning my daughter's graduation party, cleaning, cleaning, laundry, and cleaning so I can then go hide and play and create.  I sit. And do nothing. 

Thank goodness for teaching at the Workspace because then I have to at least work and plan for those classes. But still I need to spend time everyday sketching, or hammering, or sawing, or reading up on techniques. So I have something to Pin for Ms. Fox!

...seriously I am NOT a stalker!
haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment