Thursday, January 24, 2013

Resin Creations

BOY! I am tired! Three classes this week but soooo much fun.

We finished up the second half of resin class tonight and ideas continue to brew.  I think most of the students will be working beyond the class and continue with their new artistic outlet.  Also keep an eye out for some awesome keepsakes that will be for purchase at VEISHEA from the Entomology Department :)
As for the experiment on the butterfly wings we learned that they should be protected from the resin.

I apologize for the poor quality pictures. I only had my old ipod with me and it is really crappy at close-ups. But I want to document the ideas that were tried so ...

 
Students used art of their own creation, three dimensional objects and yes
of course, more bug and butterfly parts!



 
Butterfly wing with wire on the left. Hand drawn birdie with wire on the right. One of the students brought their teenage artist daughter to class! Very talented girl!
Carefully pouring the resin and love the use of the blue glove as a hair tie!

scrapbook paper, old books...

Finished piece from the first night embellished with orange craft wire


Colorful pendants ready to cure!

and of course...bugs!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment