Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Resin Pours


Pouring resin into a bezel. See the butterfly wing in the foreground? Waiting to see  how the wings react to the resin.  We should learn something by Thursday when we meet again.
Not a great picture. The bezel on the left has a butterfly wing.  I like the text.
 Resin class was tonight. Had a full class and lots of fun creative, and artistic pieces being made. We had some entomologists in the group and so they scored with some butterfly wings and other cool bugs!
A creation without a bezel using scrapbook paper, ribbon and text.

Better photo of some more similar pieces.
There are more pieces but of course I forgot my camera so had to take a couple pics with my ipod.  We have a second class on Thursday and I will try to remember it. Lots of things to try and ideas spilling forth. We have molds that will need sanded and bugs to encase.  Best quote of the night after the first pour, "I could do this everyday!".

No comments:

Post a Comment